You’re not alone if you find Facebook advertising baffling. Its many features increase complexity while also making it a very effective advertising platform. However, the majority of advertising platforms use pixels regularly. They are utilized to leave a cookie that tracks website visitors so you may market to them afterwards. Sequential retargeting is the term for this. The Meta pixel can be used to track the behavior of previous website visitors after you have advertised to them.
Learn more about the Meta pixel, how to construct a pixel, and several methods to utilize a pixel to increase conversions and boost the ROI of your advertising by using this post.
Read more related posts:
A brief look at Facebook Pixel: What is it and how does it work?
What is Meta pixel (Facebook pixel)?
The Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that assists you in gauging the success of your Facebook advertising campaigns by keeping track of user behavior on your website.
A section of code called the Meta pixel keeps track of events on:
- pages visited
- Place in cart
- Scroll width
- duration of visit and more
You can improve your advertising and make sure the right people see them with the aid of the Meta pixel. The pixel can also let you target and remarket to Facebook users who have visited a particular page or performed the desired activity on your website. Simply said, the Meta pixel enables you to better understand the effects of your advertisements by learning what consumers do after seeing them.
How does Meta pixel work?
Facebook used to include conversion pixels for tracking website conversions like sales and custom audience pixels for retargeting website visitors. For each web page you wished to measure conversions on, you could construct a different conversion pixel since each advertising account only had one unique audience pixel.
Although they might be perplexing, meta pixels significantly increase the effectiveness of Facebook advertising. They let you better understand how your Facebook advertisements are functioning in addition to letting you know exactly who you are promoting to. Overall, you may utilize them to greatly increase the effectiveness of your campaign, which will improve the return on your advertising investment.
Six steps make up the Meta pixel’s operation:
- Setup the pixel: The first step in the process is to install some tracking code to your website.
- Gather information: You’ll start to learn more about website visitors, including their demographics, the source of their traffic, and the devices they use.
- Review your action: Observe how visitors interact with your website, such as if they browse a particular product page or add anything to their shopping basket.
- Create audiences. Create Facebook Custom Audiences, lookalike audiences, and advertising that is specifically targeted to those individuals using the information gathered from pixel events.
- Improve your bids. To effectively use your money, use the lowest cost bid technique to connect with individuals who are likely to do the required action, such as purchasing a product.
- Analyze what happened. To choose the ideal Facebook advertising plan for your company, evaluate conversion events.
Don’t worry if all of this discussion of Meta pixels and conversion monitoring seems a little overwhelming. With that, Magesolution can assist you.
Why should you setup the Meta pixel?
Although several Meta pixel functions have been restricted by iOS releases, there are still a lot of features that can help you increase your client base and obtain the interactions you need.
Enhance ROI of Facebook ad spends
Just getting your adverts in front of your intended audience is not enough to increase your ROI. The following stage is to place your advertising in front of the viewers who are most likely to respond favorably to your calls to action. The Meta pixel gathers user information that will enable you to reach these folks with your advertisements.
Make use of Facebook conversion tracking
You can examine how your audience is responding to your adverts thanks to the Meta pixel. It will monitor website activity and determine if users are switching between different devices (i.e., desktop to mobile). With this knowledge, you may make adjustments to your marketing plan to increase the interactions you seek.
Run retargeting advertisements
You may display advertisements to users who have already interacted with your website thanks to the Meta pixel’s retargeting data. With the use of this function, you may target people based on their previous interest in something by creating practically tailored adverts. You might even provide someone with an advertisement for a specific item that they had on their wishlist or shopping card but later abandoned.
Create similar audiences
You may generate lookalike audiences using Facebook’s targeting information. These audiences will have the same demographics, interests, and likes as the visitors to your website and advertisements now. Your consumer base will grow as a result, and you could even uncover a new group of clients.
How to integrate the Meta pixel into your Shopify store?
Step 1: Create a Facebook ad account
Make sure you are the administrator of your Facebook Business Manager, a tool that lets you manage ad accounts, Pages, and the users who have access to them, before beginning with Pixel creation. If you don’t already have one, follow these instructions to do so: (Go to Step 2 if you do have an account.)
- Navigate to Facebook Business Manager then click Create Account.
- Fill in your business information and choose Submit.
Step 2: Create Facebook Pixel
When you have a business account, use your Business Manager to establish a Meta Pixel by doing the following steps:
- Select More Business Settings from Settings.
- Access Facebook Business Manager, then select Data Sources.
- Click Pixels:
- Choose the Add option
- To prevent future misunderstanding, type in the name of the Pixel. You may also input your website’s URL here to check the validity of your domain name. Domain verification is a crucial step that enables you to integrate Pixel successfully. Keep taking mind that you may only use one Pixel per validated domain name. Click Continue when you’re ready.
- The creation of a Meta Pixel is complete at step number six. Adding it to your Shopify store is the next step. Please join us in the next paragraph by clicking “Set up the Pixel Now”:
Step 3: Add your Shopify Pixel ID
1. Select the first option in the menu to add Pixel to a Shopify store on Facebook:
2. Choose Shopify from the list of Partner options:
You will then be directed to your Shopify store. You must connect your Shopify Account to Facebook in order to add your Pixel to the store. Here are the steps for integrating Shopify with Facebook.
Return to Facebook to finish the setup once it’s finished. Check the box next to Shopify setup is complete, then click the Next button.
Step 4: Confirm Meta Pixel Integration and ensure that it is operational
Make sure your Pixel is currently linked to your shop. To achieve this, click Send test traffic after entering your domain address in the following box to make sure the Pixel is functioning properly. When everything is configured properly, your status will become Active.
A popup asking for confirmation will appear later. From there, you may launch a new ad, access Facebook Analytics, or test events in the event manager. As you will need to choose 8 typical events for which you wish to optimize the advertisements, we strongly advise visiting Test Events in Events Manager. This is a crucial step since iOS 14’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT) architecture requires it.
In short, we have shared with you necessary knowledge about Facebook pixel or Meta pixel, as well as detailed guide to setting up it on your Shopify store. This process is quite simple, thus we hope you all can do it by yourself. In case you don’t have time setting up Facebook pixel or you have any problem customizing your store, CONTACT US. Magesolution has experienced in building eCommerce stores in many platforms, especially Shopify. We provide numerous Shopify services, you can check here. Don’t hesitate to fill down the CONTACT FORM to let us know you problem!