Magento isn’t strange for merchants who join the eCommerce platform. This is the favorite platform for many people because of its outstanding function and the good choice to start an online business. Then Magento always launches new versions to improve the quality and serve the best for users. Today, we will discuss this field and find out: What’s new in Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
Magento Open Source 2.4.5 have addressed 20 security and enhanced the platform security.
The following is a list of some security upgrades:
- Support for Wish List Sharing, New Account Creation, and Gift Card Forms on Google
- Boost the security of the inventory template
- ACL resources should be available in the inventory.
- Improve the HtmlPurifier library to use the MaliciousCode filter.
Composer 2.2, TinyMCE (5.10.2), jQueryUI (1.13.1), and PHPStan (1.5.7 with constraint) are all available in the most recent version of Magento, 2.4.5. The DHL Integration schema has been up to date from v6.0 to v6.2. And 20 composer dependencies are up to date with the newest version.
Update to Accessibility
The latest edition concentrates on improving the storefront experience on Venia (PWA) by making it easier to comprehend, perceive, utilize, and operate.
The list of these improvements is below:
- Users with screen readers now will receive the summary information for search results.
- When a new page view loads, screen readers will know.
- Accessibility to the keyboard and contrast have both increased.
The list of GraphQL performance improvements is provided below:
- Speed up the process of re-creating the GraphQL schema for developers and administrators.
- Utilize JSON Web Tokens (JWT) in the GraphQL API to consume the authorization token’s expiration time and date.
- Give merchants complete control over whether or not session cookies are created for any GraphQL actions.
- There is the elimination of Session usage from http header processors in GraphQL operations, and the launch of session cookies will happen if necessary.
The release of Magento 2.4.5 includes features for SEO experts as well. The Search Engine Optimization of the website will benefit from the latest developments in Magento 2.4.5.
The built-in modules for Google AdWords, Analytics, Optimizer, and TagManager in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 will make it easier to integrate with Google Products and Services. The possibilities for tracking and integrating with Google Services will grow as a result. For a more thorough evaluation of your store performance, you can also use Google Analytics 4 Magento 2 Extensions.
- Page Builder v.1.7.2 and the most recent Magento Open Source 2.4.5 are compatible.
- Improved Page Builder Columns.
- Users can change column options directly from the shop.
- Wrapping in response to user events is now ready for column resizing.
- PWA Studio v.12.5.x is suitable with Magento Open Source 2.4.5.
- Customer behavior information is gathered by the PWA Studio shop to expand web analytics.
- Merchants can deploy any admin service.
- Magento Open Source 2.4.5 will also address other issues.
- The codebase of Magento Open Source 2.4.5 has hundreds of fixes.
- In the most recent Magento, installation, upgrade, and deployment issues have been resolved.
GraphQL Performance Improvements
The following are some of the most recent GraphQL advancements:
- Faster re-creation of the unified storefront GraphQL schema during production while altering different properties and during deployment. Consumers benefit from quicker page loads whenever the GraphQL schema needs to rebuild.
- The ability of the GraphQL API to consume the expiration time and date of an authorization token.
- The http header processors in GraphQL do not use sessions.
- You are possible to totally disable session cookies for all GraphQL operations with the bin/Magento config: set graphql/session/disable 1 command.
- When necessary, GraphQL operations launch session cookies using class proxies.
There are better operations and expanded payment options:
With the introduction of Magento 2.4.5, a new payment method appears. All Magento retailers who have enabled Payment Services can now accept Apple Pay.
Customers do not need to provide their credit or debit card information to use the payment method. The product details page, mini cart, shopping cart, and checkout process all support Apple Pay.
Italian and Spanish-speaking retailers can now choose PayPal Later. Admins can now select the preview option for the PayPal, Credit, and Pay Later buttons. The buttons’ appearance when enabled and rendered on the storefront is seen in the previews.
The Braintree KOUNT fraud shield has been dropped. It is eliminated from the codebase of Magento Open Source.
Major Issues Fixed in Magento 2.4.5 Release
- Numerous problems found in older versions of Magento have been resolved in version 2.4.5. Following are some of the significant issues that were resolved:
- No longer will changing the Admin URL cause an error.
- Sign-out problems for Adobe Stock have been resolved.
- When the Product Subselect rule is used, the cart total for a bundle product is calculated correctly.
- The Admin Action Log report contains problem fixes.
- After changing the quantity of the configurable products, the correct price is shown on the product page.
- The session size can now be changed by the admin from the backend; it no longer logs them out.
- The admin has the right to translate the Show Password checkbox title on pages.
- When a consumer enters an invalid email, an error message appears on the shipping page.
- The order, invoice, and credit memo pages for the storefront print have the logo-related problems fixed.
- The product pages’ images are now available clearly and flicker-free.
- The layered navigation’s product color filtering function is now effective.
- For orders placed by PayPal guest users, it can see the customer name correctly.
- There is a fix in the email newsletter’s unsubscribe URL features.
This is the last part we want to discuss with you about the new features of Magento 2.4.5. We hope this post provided helpful information to help you catch up with the latest function of Magento. Therefore, you can take advantage of it and leverage your Magento store. If you have any questions or want to know more about our Magento development service, contact us through our website.