The eCommerce industry continues to develop bigger and bigger and attracts lots of people who want to join in this ground. And Magento is one of the main platforms on which merchants choose to start a business. So to take advantage of its function, individuals need to dig deeper to find out the awesome features of Magento. To help you simplify this process, we want to reveal to you an amazing tip to boost the sale and improve the customer experience: Magento product recommendations – Benefits and best practices for your eCommerce store.
What is a product recommendation engine?
A solution that enables retailers to provide related products to customers in real-time is a product recommendation engine. Product engines are typically built on pre-set criteria that seek to understand customer preferences and promote particular products.
There are three main types of recommendation engines:
- A recommendation algorithm called collaborative filtering makes use of other customers who share similar interests and preferences to anticipate what products customers would like by examining their behavior, activities, or purchases.
- Content filtering is a keyword-based recommendation algorithm that bases its recommendations on past user selections. In this instance, the engine will suggest goods that are comparable to those that were previously bought or viewed.
- Collaboration and content screening have a connection to provide a hybrid suggestion. It depends on simultaneous comparisons of similar users’ searching patterns and past purchases. Not only are internet retailers famous for this kind of advice, but also streaming services like Netflix.
Magento product recommendations
In order to securely promote engagement and conversion, Product Recommendations was developed by Adobe Commerce and is powered by our battle-tested artificial intelligence, Adobe Sensei. Making relevant product recommendations to each and every customer is now completely automated thanks to this functionality.
Adobe Sensei automates the analysis of consumer behavior, applies machine learning to it, and generates useful recommendations, saving you time. You control everything using a special merchant interface that has a connection with the Adobe Commerce Admin. On the storefront, product recommendations appear in the form of units like “Customers who viewed this product also viewed.”
- Save time by automating storefront page tagging, which streamlines setup and eliminates the need for manual labeling.
- Product photos, pricing, and other information are up to date automatically when a catalog is deployed.
- A streamlined process makes creating and editing product recommendations simple.
- Select one of the five ready-made page kinds (and Page Builder) to use for your recommendations.
- API flexibility allows for the easy deployment of suggestions on any page.
- Access 13+ recommendation types from the Adobe recommendation library, including trending, recommended for you, customers also viewed, and customers also bought.
- Utilize visual AI to its full potential by including the Visual Similarity recommendation type (optional module)
- Utilize an embedded admin-based merchant experience to control everything.
- Status signals include created at and last modified date stamps as well as a list of active, inactive, and draft recommendations.
- You may record performance via dedicated reporting, which offers precise information like views, clicks, and money.
- Flexible filters that can be used to fine-tune which products can or cannot be suggested
- Through a dedicated dashboard, keep track of and control the catalog sync procedure.
- Product suggestions can be implemented on PWA or Headless storefronts, and SaaS-based cloud service will handle all the complex computations to maintain the performance of your website.
Product recommendations on Magento Open Source
Numerous capabilities for product recommendations are within Magento Open Source 2.4.5. With three possible positions, there are three block options:
- Related Items
- Up-sell Items
- Cross-sell Items
Although the titles may appear constrained, they are merely naming conventions and you can use these blocks for any functionality you need, giving you the freedom to be inventive.
- This block will appear on the product page and is primarily used to highlight products that can be bought in combination to raise the value of the basket.
- Along with plants and seeds, an online garden supply business can suggest compost, pots, or feed.
- Customers buying bleach might also want to look at other cleaning supplies like mold remover or multi-surface spray.
- A toy store could want to display additional items from well-known lines, such as Peppa Pig or Paw Patrol!
- With one important exception, this block is made to upsell products that are comparable to those on the product page but have a higher product value.
- A company that sells tablets or mobile phones could want to suggest the next-most expensive model in the line.
- To persuade customers to purchase the more expensive variants, a grocery shop may decide to suggest comparable items from their luxury line.
- While perusing the student-grade versions of things when purchasing art supplies, customers might be intrigued about the artist-grade versions.
- This block will be available on the basket page, serving as the last opportunity for clients to learn about additional products that might enhance their shopping experience. The products that are displayed often resemble those in the Related Products block.
- Replacement parts for items, such as coffee machine pods, and vacuum cleaner filters, can appear.
- Customers may also want to buy duvets, pillows, or throws when shopping for bed linen.
- A makeup shop may want to suggest brushes or application equipment.
The Benefits of Magento product recommendations
1. Increase sales
The promotion of a high conversion rate is one of the key aims and advantages of product recommendation engines. There are various types of recommendation engines, including related products, who also bought this, who also watched this, best sellers, etc. It has been a demonstration that each one of these raises conversion rates by increasing customers’ knowledge of potential needs and wants for the product. Amazon is one of the most prosperous retailers today, but did you realize that recommendation engines directly affect their sales? Recent research indicates that their successful recommendation algorithms account for around 30% of their revenue. Therefore, the investment is wholly worthwhile.
2. Enhance AOV
The upsell and cross-sell related recommendation algorithms seek to raise the average order value. Customers can be provided equivalent products at a greater price while upselling to them. On their end, cross-selling tools encourage customers to purchase related goods, boosting order value.
3. Improve customer satisfaction
A very high pleasure rate depends on customer pleasure. If a customer can’t locate the best option through catalog browsing, product recommendation algorithms can help. Additionally, personalization product recommendations boost customer engagement and replicate the in-store buying experience.
4. Boost exploration and navigation
People prefer to view the block of potentially appealing goods. They can quickly locate the desired goods and save time on catalog searching. Engines that recommend products save the necessary data and utilize it to guide customers through their whole experience on your website to the optimal buy.
5. Provide performance analytics for promotional strategies
Good recommendation engines offer reports, giving you access to pertinent information you can use to inform the course of your marketing effort. With the help of recommendation engines, you can boost sales and manage effectively.
The best practices for your eCommerce store
Where should you place product recommendations on your Adobe Commerce website?
To begin with, this is not a situation where one size fits all. But, there are a few instances where we strongly suggest you make sure to add product suggestions at all times:
- Product page
- Basket page
These are all parts of your website where visitors are searching for products or choosing what to buy, making them the ideal locations to include additional goods they might find interesting.
You could also wish to add product recommendations to the following pages: category page, search results page, order confirmation page, and 404 page.
How can you leverage Magento and Adobe Commerce product recommendations without solely depending on sales data?
You should try to employ a variety of different logic to power each of the suggestion blocks in order to obtain the greatest results, depending on which recommendation blocks you use and where you include them.
There are a variety of options available for different services, but a few of the most practical ones are as follows:
- Using sales data from previous customers, display the top products on your website
- 404 page or homepage is an ideal placement
Geo-targeted trending products
- Considering well-liked items offered nearby the buyer
- It’s helpful for various locales as areas that have various purchasing habits
Recommendations for landing pages
- Depending on the products customers viewed after going to the same website landing page
- Appropriate for category pages
- Useful for product pages and cart pages, this feature displays similar or suggested products depending on the product data saved in the system.
History of website visits
- Up to customer-specific browsing information
- Practical as a fallback logic
- Depending on what visitors are now viewing on your website
- Best for short-term events like sales or when a new pre-order is life to emphasize the launch of a new product.
Recommendations on the order
- Suggestions based on the client’s prior purchases
- Useful for landing pages for categories or the homepage
It’s the last part after we go through 3 main points:
- What is a product recommendation engine?
- The Benefits of Magento product recommendations
- The best practices for your eCommerce store
We can say that Magento product recommendations are helpful marketing to increase sales and improve the pleasure and engagement of customers. Besides, it will enhance the awareness of buyers about your brand and products then you can access potential customers. We hope you have a good time and get some useful pieces of information for your Magento store. If you have any questions about our post or our Magento Development service, don’t hesitate to contact us.