I’m sure you have once or twice been confused when there are multiple upcoming significant days, such as your friend’s birthday or a certain event because you have no idea what to get your friend for a gift. Thus, I highly recommend Gift Card because Gift Card was intended to assist you in resolving this issue easily. All you have to do now is purchase a Gift Card and mail it to them. When your friend receives your gift, she will be overjoyed because she will be able to use it to purchase online, in our retail stores, or over the phone.
In this article, we will look into several pros of Gift Card and then discuss detailed steps to create it in Magento 2 store to attract more customers and enhance their loyalty.
What does retailers and their customers benefit from Gift Card?
Advantages for customers
However, the example mentioned above is just one of the many advantages that a Gift card can provide. In reality, there are numerous benefits when consumers utilize it in the following ways:
- Time-saving. Customers may rest assured that the receiver will receive something they enjoy with this simple gift option.
- Allow customers to give the gift of ease. Gift cards are versatile in that they can be used at any time, at any participating location, and for any transaction.
- Allow customers to make decisions on their own. With a pre-paid, “store value” card, they may easily keep track of their spending.
Advantages for your business
- Increase revenue and sales. Sales will improve automatically if you provide clients more options and incentives to stay loyal to your company.
- From the moment of purchase through the time of usage, you can earn interest on each gift card.
- Encourage, create, maintain customer loyalty. Customers will return to your store to redeem the card value and, more than likely, purchase more.
- “Slippage”. Customers who do not redeem the entire value of their gift card are not compensated in cash, unlike gift certificates. According to estimates, about 10-15% of gift card balances are never used.
- Reduce the risk of theft and fraud. To be used, gift cards must be activated, and they have various security elements to help reduce the risk of theft and fraud.
How to create Gift Card in your Magento 2 store?
Step 1: Choose the product type
- Click Catalog on the Admin sidebar > Products.
- As you can see in the upper right corner is the Add Product, click and choose Gift Card.
Step 2: Choose the attribute set
You may either use the default Gift Card attribute set or select a different one.
Do one of the following to select the attribute set that can be a template for the product:
- Enter the name of the attribute set in the Search box.
- Select the attribute set you want to utilize from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Complete the required settings
- For the gift card, give it a name in the Product Name field. You might optionally specify the type of gift card, Luma Virtual Gift Card, for example.
- Enter the product’s SKU. The Product Name is used as the default SKU.
- Set the Card Type to one of the options below:
|Virtual||The recipient will receive virtual gift cards via email|
|Physical||Gift cards can be mass-produced and stamped with unique codes in advance.|
|Combined||A combination gift card combines the features of a virtual and physical gift card.|
4. Click Add Amount and enter the card’s initial fixed number as a decimal to provide the customer a choice of fixed values.
To enter the option of fixed quantities, repeat this step.
- To allow customers to customize the gift card’s value, follow the steps below:
- Set Open Amount to Yes.
- Enter the Open Amount From and To values to set the range of acceptable lowest and maximum values.
You can make gift cards with defined prices, open amounts, or a combination of the two.
Step 4: Finish the fundamental configurations
- Enter the Quantity in stock for a physical or combination gift card.
- Enter the Weight of the parcel if the gift card is to be mailed.
- Choose Gift Card from the Categories drop-down menu.
There could be more specific characteristics that describe the product. The attribute set varies, and you can complete them afterwards.
Step 5: Complete the gift card information
- Scroll down to the section “Gift Card Information“. The system setup determines the default settings in this area.
- If you want to change any of the following fields, deselect the Use Config Settings checkbox:
|Treat Balance as Store Credit||Determines whether the balance on a gift card can be redeemed for shop credit.|
|Lifetime (days)||The number of days till the gift card expires after purchase is determined. Leave this area blank if you don’t want to set a restriction for the card’s lifetime.|
|Allow Message||Determines whether the gift card purchaser can leave a message for the recipient. Both virtual (emailed) and physical (delivered) gift cards can have a message added to them.|
|Email Template||This property specifies the email template for the gift card notification delivered to the receiver.|
Step 6: Complete the product information
Fill in the following sections (as needed):
- Images and Videos
- Customizable Options
- Search Engine Optimization
- Products in Websites
- Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells
- Gift Options
Step 7: Publish the product
- Set the Enable Product switch to Yes when you’re ready to publish the product in the catalog.
- Choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Save and Preview.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner.
- Choose Customer View from the Admin menu to see the product in your store.
Option 2: Save and Close
Choose Save & Close on the Save menu.
With some simple steps, we believe that you can create Gift Card in your Magento 2 store easily. If you can take advantage of Magento 2 Gift Card, you definitely can increase the conversion rates in a short time, as well as the customer’s loyalty. In case you are looking for a company that can help you develop your eCommerce site, we are here to help you. Magesolution is one of the top-notch technology companies in Vietnam, specializing in providing eCommerce development and solutions. We have offered hundreds of businesses the world-class Magento Website Development services, helping them creating professional online shops. Don’t hesitate to DIRECT US to talk to our experts right now!