Magento is well-known for its performance-boosting capabilities. Magento is an open source content management system with a variety of features such as search engine optimization, user experience capabilities, easy modifications and customizations, automated order and shipment management, upselling modules, gift coupons, codes, and so on.
While Magento is an all-in-one eCommerce solution that allows you to use technology to transfer your brand value into commercial results, it is also quite tough to set up and operate on your own. If you’ve ever run an eCommerce store, you’re well aware of the complexities and commercial issues that come with it. Thus, to run your business effectively, it’s a good idea to hire a Magento certified developer or partner.
Hiring a Magento certified web developer: What you should know
A Magento web developer is …
Magento web developers are responsible for creating, maintaining, and enhancing e-commerce websites for consumers. Before we look at the necessary abilities for a successful Magento web developer, let’s have a look at what a Magento web engineer actually does.
Typical Magento web developer tasks include:
- Installing Magento commerce
- Creating Magento themes based on existing designs
- Tasks and objectives for performance
- Setting up Magento stores to accommodate multilingual and multi-currency configurations
- Installing, testing, and configuring Payment gateways such as PayPal, SagePay, Authorize.net.
- Integrating Magento with other platforms.
- Conduct audits of Magento websites in order to improve their search engine rankings.
In addition, the nature of work should be specified in the job description: full-time commitment to a certain set of responsibilities, such as project work.
Benefits of partnering with a good Magento certified web developer
- To gain access to all of Magento’s features, including theme customization, extensions, and third-party integrations
- To make significant use of technology in order to provide your customers with the finest shopping experiences possible
- Rather than focusing on technological issues, you should devote your time to areas that require it.
- To attract the greatest talent to your company, increase customer happiness, and stay ahead of the competition
Allocating money in hiring good Magento web developers is a worth every penny as they can:
- Ensure that code is written in a clean manner.
- Enhance security and dependability.
- Understand the most effective eCommerce strategies.
- In the future, you can easily upgrade or migrate.
- Make changes fast and effortlessly.
- In the long term, you’ll save time and money.
- Make your store SEO-friendly.
- Provide the most effective shopping cart.
- Receive unwavering support and upkeep.
- Use vast customization to your advantage.
Required skills in a Magento web developer
1. Thorough knowledge of programming languages
Magento communicates with the database through its own abstraction layer, with MySQL being a popular choice. Understanding PHP will also assist you to look beyond Magento and Modular Development, as well as familiarity with MVC architecture. A Magento web developer might also benefit from web development languages and query languages. It is also critical that the Magento web developer has experience coding natively for mobile devices.
2. Understanding of various eCommerce integrations
Magento is a two-way communication platform that connects a company’s eCommerce website to its inventory. As a result, Magento web developers must be familiar with eCommerce connectivity. Only then will they be able to comprehend the customer’s needs. As a result, you may save time and focus on more important things.
You must also comprehend how Magento organizes and implements these notions in the code. When you need to change features that aren’t included by default, they can do so without disrupting the Magento core’s natural structure.
3. Magento widget development expertise
Widgets have now become an integral feature of all eCommerce websites. Because of the various advances that widgets have brought to the eCommerce industry, it has become second nature to attract and reach potential clients in large numbers in a short period of time.
As a result, a Magento web developer must be able to construct them, make them dynamic, and provide users with a unique and interesting experience. After then, make it as accessible as possible to as many people as feasible.
4. Ability to work with themes, modules, and extensions
A Magento web developer must be able to work on a variety of platforms, perform hybrid development, and build a website that exhibits advanced skill sets and knowledge at various levels. Because a skilled Magento web developer understands the pros and cons of various modules, themes, and extensions when it comes to improving the operation and scalability of your Magento website.
5. Straightforward development and testing strategy
For a website with a large number of users, maintaining system integrity is critical. Magento web developers will assist in solving that particular problem in a more convenient and thorough manner through clean development.
Force your website to be tested several times to assure its performance. Using GitHub for system testing can help you create websites that are more fluid and functional. As a result, you should seek out and learn from people who have experience in these fields and are familiar with best practices.
1. Communication skills
Basically, if you don’t communicate properly with your customers, you won’t get the best results. As a result, communication skills are essential in this situation.
Throughout the product development process, you’ll need to keep in touch with them concerning the project’s implementation, innovation, upgrades, and completion. Understanding and grasping the customer’s requirements from the start, especially when working with overseas customers, will help the process run smoothly and save a lot of time.
2. Problem-solving skills
When building or upgrading an e-commerce website, coding and design challenges are typical. In order to produce a decent product, Magento web developers must possess exceptional problem-solving abilities.
3. Multitasking ability
Every company and customer has different needs for their website. This means that in order to be a successful Magento web developer, you must meet all of the prerequisites.
It is not sufficient to simply know or be proficient in a programming language. To attain maximum efficiency, you must combine a variety of information and talents at the same time.
4. Innovation and creativity
Innovation and creativity are essential abilities for any developer, but they are extremely important for Magento web developers. Most Magento web developers nowadays have to consider a variety of elements when constructing and perfecting a product, including innovative thinking on multiple levels and excellent coding. To keep clients, a creative Magento web Developer will create very inventive online stores.
A Magento web developer must also innovate in addition to the day-to-day development of Magento and e-commerce. That is demonstrated by the long-term strategies that a Magento web developer may develop and implement for a customer’s website.
As previously stated, being a Magento web developer is a demanding job that necessitates a wide range of abilities. However, merely having the aforementioned talents isn’t enough; each Magento web developer must also have a sense of responsibility for his own work as well as the client’s business.
If a project is delayed, it adds to the costs. Magento web developers must efficiently integrate project management tools to ensure the project is completed on time.
Preparations before hiring a Magento web developer
Before you start working on your Magento web development project, here’s a checklist to keep in mind:
- Business objectives and goals
- Planning and budgeting
- Timeline and milestones for the project
- Mode of payment and payment schedule
- Tools for reporting
- Maintenance and support
- Business aims and goals: Outline your project plan with well-defined objectives and goals.
- Budgeting and planning: Make sure you have a solid financial strategy in place to assist you choose the finest Magento website developer for your goals and budget.
- Timeline and milestones for the project: To avoid delays in the development of your Magento site, make a detailed plan with a realistic timeframe and major milestones.
- Payment method and timetable: Establish a clear agreement with your Magento development partner on payment terms, conditions, manner, and installments.
- Tools for reporting: Make sure you receive what you want on schedule with a good tracking system in place for your Magento web development project.
- Post-launch support and maintenance: Find out what kind of post-launch support and maintenance your Magento web developer is willing to provide.
So, where to hire professional Magento web developers?
Magento web development is a difficult and time-consuming undertaking. It’s a difficult procedure with a lot of variables to consider. It takes a lot of experience, competence, and flexible knowledge, from content management system (CMS) skills to computer languages.
Partnering with a Magento web development service that has a team of Magento 2 certified developers, Magento experts, and specialists is one of the finest ways to complete your Magento project. Magesolution is a well-known eCommerce development and solutions company that specializes in providing Magento services: Magento web development, Magento 2 migration, eCommerce integrations, and many other services. We have a superb team of business analysts, solution architects, technology specialists, and experts with over a decade of experience in helping countless organizations succeed in the eCommerce industry.