Security is one of the hottest issues that lots of companies have to face, especially when coming to ecommerce. Magento is one of the largest platforms which has many businesses starting their online store on it, then they provide lots of solutions for companies. You may know about Magento PCI compliance – one of the powerful solutions for your Magento store, however it isn’t enough. Therefore, to assure that the security of your store is always in the best situation, you can’t miss our blog. In this article, you will find a wonderful tool provided by Magento and it’s totally free: Magento security scan.
First, you should be familiar with Magento Security Scan
What is Magento Security Scan?
The Magento Security Scan Tool acts as a watchdog, monitoring unusual behaviors on the website and preventing malware and other security threats from stealing sensitive data. The Magento Security Scan is also a free security tool, which is a unique feature. Furthermore, the tool comes with a step-by-step guide on how to use it, making it simple to keep an eye on your Magento store for malware and other risks. Furthermore, the Magento Security Scan Tool is updated on a regular basis, ensuring that you are protected against new threats as they emerge.
How much does a Security Tool cost?
Any eCommerce development firm will be aware that Magento comes in two flavors:
- Magento Open Source/Magento Community
- Magento Enterprise and Magento Commerce are two separate products.
Developers frequently give a free plugin or utility before charging for a premium edition. Magento, on the other hand, is an anomaly because it is a free tool with no premium editions. The free tool comes with all of the functionality. Security tools are a pricey add-on on most other systems.
Some outstanding features about Security Tool
Magento Security Tool comes along with a variety of anti-hacking and anti-unauthorized access capabilities. The following features are a part of the strategies used in the Magento Security Tool:
- Real-time Monitoring: You can monitor the security status of your website in real time.
- History: Website owners can look at their scan history to see how recent scans evaluate older ones.
- You have the option of scheduling a scan. You can check it for daily, weekly, or monthly, for example.
- Detailed Testing: Because the tool does a thorough test, it is nearly impractical for it to overlook any viruses or vulnerabilities.
- Suggestions and solutions tailored to your business and the issues that emerge
- There have been almost 15,000 security inspections.
- Reports on triumphs and failures on a regular basis
Then you may be curious about the benefits you will receive when using Magento security tool
Practically, the Magento Security Tool Scan is beneficial to sellers because it identifies vulnerabilities and malware that may aid in the protection of your store from hackers. When it comes to online enterprises, hacking attacks are not uncommon. Some of your extensions may be vulnerable, or your security settings may be incorrectly set up. All of this compromises your ability to withstand cyber-attacks.
- Real-time monitoring of the online store’s security status
- Identify possible hazards before they create harm.
- To assist in the resolution of difficulties, you will receive recommendations depending on best practices.
- Weekly, daily, or on-demand security scans can be scheduled.
- Over 17,000 security tests have been run to aid in the detection of suspected viruses.
- View historical security reports to track and monitor your sites’ development.
- Access the scan report, which includes a list of successful and failed checks as well as any suggested actions.
Next, we move into the important part: How to configure and run a Magento Security Scan
1: Go to https://account.magento.com/customer/account/login to access your Magento account.
2: Select Security Scan from the left-hand panel -> Go to Security Scan -> Read the Terms and Conditions -> Agree.
3: Click Add Site on the Monitored Websites page.
4: Verify that you hold the site domain by doing the following:
- Click Generate Confirmation Code after entering the Site URL and Site Name.
- To copy your confirmation code to the clipboard, click Copy.
5: Go to the Admin Panel and perform the following actions:
- Select CONTENT -> DESIGN -> CONFIGURATION from the drop-down menu.
- Select your site from the drop-down menu and click Edit.
- The HTML Head section should be expanded.
- In the Scripts and StyleSheets field, paste the confirmation code.
- When you’re finished, click Save Configuration.
6: Return to the Security Scan page and verify your domain ownership by clicking Verify Confirmation Code.
7: Select one of the following types for the Set Automatic Security Scan options:
- Scan Weekly (recommended): Select the weekday, time, and time zone for the scan to occur each week.
- Scan Every Day: Select the time and time zone for the scan to take place every day.
8: Type in the email address to which you’d like to receive notifications about successful scans and security upgrades.
9: Finally, press the Submit button.
And the last, we will recommend for you some e commerce security best practices
It’s crucial to note, however, that the Magento Security Scan is just one aspect of your overall security approach. The following should be included in the security strategy:
- We only work with reputable web hosts.
- For your stores, use encrypted HTTPS routes.
- Updating your program on a regular basis and in a timely manner
- Using passwords that are up to date and secure
- Two-factor authentication should be used. It is one of the most effective strategies to safeguard your website.
- Do not give out your login credentials to anyone.
- Keep the number of administrators to a bare minimum.
- Use a secure password that you don’t use on any other websites.
- Place the website on a secure server. Inquire about their security measures and what they can do to safeguard your website in the event of a cyberattack.
- Conduct security scans on a regular basis.
- Do not put off putting the security scan’s recommendations into action.
- Manage your Magento store with the help of a reputable and dedicated Magento web developer.
With Magento security scan, you can feel more confident about the security of your store. This is always a problem that owners put it ahead of because it affects directly to personal information coming from customers. Then buyers will become more sensitive when their data is revealed and as a result they will not want to come back to your store. Don’t let the situation happen by utilizing this free tool Magento security scan. If you want to hire a Magento development company to do this task for you, contact us to know more about our service: Magento maintenance services.